Frequently Asked Questions

What’s the purpose of the Nicholls event approval process?
The Nicholls event approval process is designed to streamline all campus event planning activities. By filling out the event request form, you tell us the details of your event once, and we make sure that information is shared with Catering Services, Facilities and Maintenance staff as well as Marketing and Communications.

What is a request form required for?
A request form is also required for all events organized by Nicholls departments, student organizations or groups. Events and activities that require a request form include but are not limited to:

  • meetings, workshops and presentations
  • fundraisers, bake sales and raffles
  • lectures, banquets, award ceremonies
  • demonstrations, displays and galleries
  • performances and dances
  • off-campus events sponsored by Nicholls organizations, groups, departments or offices
  • events held in campus outdoor spaces such as the Quadrangle
  • lobby tables in Bollinger Memorial Student Union
  • the use of promotional table tents in the Student Union Snack Bar, Colonel’s Retreat or Galliano Dining Hall

Do I need to submit a request form to use a facility in my own department?
Yes, in most cases, a form is required to use any facility. However, forms are NOT required for informal, internal meetings held in your own office/department space.

Is an event request form required for class field trips?
No, but insurance forms are required. Please contact Dr. Tommy Ponson (Ext. 4531, to obtain required insurance forms or download form from the Student Organizations website.

How far in advance do I need to submit a request form?
All request forms must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event. For events open to the public or those that involve more than 75 participants, forms should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event. Request forms for major events or recurring meetings should be submitted six to 12 months in advance.

How can I find out what facilities are available on my preferred event date?
To search available facilities on any given date, visit the Reservations Calendar.

When can I start publicizing my event?
As soon as you receive an email from the Reservations Office confirming your event, you may begin publicizing it. Contact the Office of University Marketing and Communications at Ext. 4135 for assistance.

What if I need to change the date, time or location of my event after it is confirmed?
Email regarding any changes to your confirmed reservation.

How can I request for President Jay Clune and/or Mrs. Allison Clune to attend and/or present at my event?
President and Mrs. Clune welcome your invitations and make every effort to attend events as their schedule permit. To request their participation and/or attendance at your upcoming event, please fill out and submit the President’s Engagement Planner Form.

What is the protocol for hosting legislators, political leaders and/or other well-known public figures at a university event?
Please contact the Office of University Marketing and Communications (Ext. 4303 or if you expect legislators or other highly recognizable guests to attend so that any media inquiries may be handled appropriately.


Last reviewed: 1/31/2018

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.