The MACO Department is aiming higher with this year’s annual “Give-N-Day” campaign with the goal of bringing campus media home and creating one of the best
convergence media centers around.
The Department has been working for the past several years on creating a convergence media center in Talbot Hall, which would bring all student media into
the building for the first time. This will allow students from all platforms to work more collaboratively and in an environment like they will find in the professional world.
It will help them produce improved content across those platforms (KNSU-TV, KNSU-FM, The Nicholls Worth and La Pirogue), thereby better serving their
audiences. They will also be able to do so with improved cost effectiveness. As you can see from the attached artist’s rendering, this is going to be an impressive facility.
Most of the parts to make it happen are already in place. The University has approved the move, the space has been cleared and there is some University funding
What we need now are matching monies from off-campus donors. This is where you come in. Thanks to the generous contributions of donors last year, the Department raised $4,400. We thought this was excellent for the first time out. But, this year we want to do better. Nicholls has issued a little more than 850 MACO degrees. But many more students studied MACO here and/or served on one of the student media outlets.
If everyone of those students sent in at least $50, think how much money we could raise toward this project, which we hope to complete by August. Please give and urge your fellow Nicholls-media friends to do likewise so that Nicholls can continue to be a leader in mass media education and student media
production. Give-N-Day is March 19, and our address is https://www.givenday.org/organizations/nicholls-worth as part of the overall www.givenday.org campaign.
A Social Media & Science Communication Coordinator is sought for employment at the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON). Science communication strategies at LUMCON focus on innovation and seek to catalyze change through that innovation. One of our highest priorities is experimenting with how our scientists and our brand interact with the public and our peers, rather than just following the status quo. We primarily use digital platforms to reach others, with a heavy investment in social media. LUMCON’s Social Media Program is the digital version of LUMCON, which connects people, enriches communities, and transforms understanding of coasts and oceans. We are looking for someone who has a passion for all things social media and content development. Above all, we are looking for someone who has the same passion for marine science that we do. To read about our media program mission and core values visit https://lumcon.edu/media/.
Full-Time graphic designer at Bayou Signs in Thibodaux.
Work consists of developing artwork for billboards, commercial signs, and Off The Hook Ads, and anything given to design.
Resumes and portfolios can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bridge to Independence is offering a paid internship for the spring 2019 semester. The student worker position will be for 10 – 15 hours per week. The student must carry a minimum of 12 academic credit hours.
Candidate should have an interest in working with students with disabilities and have talents in
- social media
- website design (if possible)
- and interviewing skills.
Contact: Mary Breaud, Ed.D. | 985-448-4341 | email@example.com
Paid internship available this spring 2019 semester. The internship involves writing press releases, posting to an Instagram account, and writing follow-up pieces for a newsletter. Position is part of the 2019 Cultural Conversation initiative to promote heritage and culture in Terrebonne and Lafourche Parishes — being organized and funded by the Louisiana folklore society and the state lieutenant governor’s office.
- pertinent writing experience
- A or B grade in an advanced writing class
- enthusiastic endorsement from a faculty member who can vouch for the quality of their work.
LaPolitics is hiring a research assistant/writer in Baton Rouge.
Gaubert Oil is offering an internship in marketing and communications. Send resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Gaubert Oil Company, Inc. seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications
efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working
for a well-known organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly Quarterly Newsletter
- Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, flyers, graphics, and social media content.
- Update the website(s) when needed
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Support the marketing team
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing material and digital content
- Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Develop new social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities.
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
- Provide administrative support to management when required
- Assist in planning and hosting marketing events
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet