Dr. Leah Peterson
Title: Assistant Professor of Teacher Education, Assessment Coordinator
Department: College of Education
Office Phone: 985-448-4320
Office Location: 242 College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Building
B.S., Human Performance Education & Certification in English Education, Nicholls State University M.S., Higher Education and Administration, Nicholls State University D.Ed., Higher Education Leadership, Northcentral University
Dr. Peterson is responsible for the following components:
- Administering and maintaining the College of Education’s assessment system.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data at the unit, department and program levels (undergraduate and graduate).
- Producing assessment reports to be used by the Dean, department heads, and program faculty.
- Setting up and maintaining the college’s Exhibit Center.
- Coordinating assessment efforts to meet national, regional, and local accreditation standards.
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to, providing training and daily assistance for candidates, faculty, staff, supervising teachers, and mentors within LiveText.”
- 2013 Block, E., Burt, A., Papa, T., Peterson, L., Stall, G., & Theriot, A. (2013). An innovative approach to observational field experiences in higher education. Creative Education, 3, 1409-1418.
- 2013 Value-Added Grant
- 2011 Nicholls State University ITS Grant – $40,000 for IWB’s
- Louisiana Assessment Conference & LiveText Users Group
- Nicholls State University Center for Advancement of Faculty Engagement (CAFE)
- LiveText Assessment & Collaboration Conference
- Professional Affiliations
- Golden Key Honor Society
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)