Learning Outcomes and Rubrics for the Nicholls Core Competencies
These outcomes and rubrics were developed in 2018–20 by multidisciplinary teams of faculty, staff, and students at Nicholls.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively by employing rhetorical principles, relevant research methods, and effective delivery based on audience and genre while demonstrating a firm grasp of the subject matter.
- Communication Rubric
- Critical & Innovative Thinking
- Students will be able to explain key concepts and terminology as well as apply and transform them in an understandable and appropriate manner.
- Critical & Innovative Thinking Rubric
- Ethical Reasoning
- Students will be able to define their knowledge of ethical reasoning and demonstrate the necessary skills to recognize ethical issues in proper context and in a variety of settings.
- Ethical Reasoning Rubric
- Information & Technology Literacy
- Students will be able to locate, evaluate, use, and communicate information and/or technology within a legal and ethical framework based on specific needs.
- Information & Technology Rubric
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Students will be able to translate, calculate, analyze, and communicate quantitatively.
- Quantitative Reasoning Rubric