Women’s Panhellenic Recruitment is the process through which potential new members consider sororities and sororities choose new sisters. The Primary Recruitment period is comprised of multiple rounds where potential new members visit each of the chapters on Nicholls’ campus. Through a process of mutual selection, students narrow their choices until they select a sorority following the last round. Women’s recruitment typically starts at the week before classes start in the fall semester.
To be eligible to participate in Panhellenic’s Formal Recruitment process, a woman must be a regularly enrolled, full-time undergraduate student who is in good standing with Nicholls State University and has a 2.70 or better cumulative GPA. Women who choose to participate in the Recruitment process must pay a registration fee prior to the beginning of Recruitment. This fee covers reservations and use of venues, administrative materials, and technology fees.
Contact Morgan Toups, Vice-President of Recruitment, with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to register for Fall 2018 Women’s Panhellenic Recruitment is July 19, 2019.
Nicholls Greek Life offers many intriguing opportunities for young men–a social setting for men to create life-long bonds, a place to acquire and hone leadership skills, an outlet for the desire to serve the community, and a group that will provide the support necessary to succeed in all areas of life. As proof, many young men connect with their fraternity’s alumni for career guidance and even employment opportunities.
The IFC conducts a formal recruitment period when students return to campus in August. During formal recruitment, IFC will organize various activities to allow potential members to get to know the fraternity brothers and understand what is involved in being an active member. At the conclusion of recruitment, fraternities will extend bids (an invitation to join).
We invite you to check out our chapters, even if you are not sure you are interested in Greek life. Many current fraternity men entered the recruitment period with no idea what they wanted, and many of them will tell you that joining a fraternity was one of the most important and rewarding choices they have made at Nicholls.
One misconception about IFC Recruitment is that it only occurs during the month of August. In fact, many of our chapters recruit upperclassmen during the spring semester as well. If you are interested in becoming Greek yourself, do not limit yourself to getting to know Greeks in August alone. We encourage prospective members who are sophomores, juniors and seniors to consider membership opportunities during the spring semester.
If you know members in an IFC organization you are interested in, you can contact one of their members about more information regarding the chapter’s recruitment during the fall semester.
If you have questions contact Jack Toups, IFC Vice-President of Recruitment, at email@example.com.
The deadline to register for Fall 2018 Men’s IFC Recruitment is August 12, 2019.
The organizations that fall under the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) are unique in their membership requirements and processes. Rather than hosting a formal membership registration for all of the fraternities and sororities, each NPHC organization has an individual membership application and intake process prescribed by their national headquarters. Students cannot join NPHC organizations until they are of sophomore status (30 hours). Furthermore, the scheduling of membership can differ for each group. Based on the preferences of the chapter members, an organization can choose to have intake during the Fall, Spring, or both.
Since each NPHC organization was founded on different principles, it is beneficial to research and differentiate the fraternities and sororities. Most NPHC groups have websites that offer information about the collegiate chapter and the organization on a national level. Another way to learn about the different organizations and their members is to attend programs held around campus.
For further on membership requirements please contact the individual chapters.
National Pan-Hellenic Council Intake Requirements
Office of Greek Life, Nicholls State University:
- Fraternity/Sorority must be recognized by the University. Recognition is the formal process by which Nicholls permits a fraternity or sorority to function on campus, conduct membership/intake activities, and be considered part of the university. For a fraternal organization to obtain recognition through the Office of Greek Life, it must:
- Operate under a constitution and bylaws that have been approved by Nicholls State Office of Greek Life.
- Demonstrate sound financial standing.
- Be affiliated/active with a national fraternity or sorority. Note: the National Pan-Hellenic Council will only consider requests for recognition by NPHC-affiliated organizations.
- The requesting organization must be in compliance with the rules and regulations established by the national affiliate.
- Present an initial membership list of at least three (10) currently registered, degree-seeking students who are not on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Identify a person, who is not an undergraduate, to serve as the faculty advisor.
- Be affiliated with a local graduate chapter who will oversee and accept responsibility for the chapter.
- Fraternity/Sorority must be in good standing with Nicholls State.
- Provide name and contact information for chapter advisor, on-campus advisor (if applicable), and current membership.
- Provide a letter from the Chapter Advisor on official letterhead approving the intake process and approving the schedule of events and activities being planned for intake.
- Provide a list of students undergoing intake process including their contact information.
The above requirements must be met and documentation submitted to the Office of Greek Life, prior to beginning any form of intake. Failure to meet these requirements may result in sanctions and/or judicial action.