Humanities Undergraduate Symposium @ Scholars Expeaux 2020
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
The Humanities Symposium @ Scholars Expeaux will showcase humanities-based scholarly activities of undergraduates at Nicholls State University. All undergraduate students at Nicholls State are eligible to participate.
Papers on any topic within the fields of humanities are welcome, including but not limited to:
- Literary Studies
- History Modern
- Language Studies
- Art History
- Film Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Participants must submit a 150-300 word abstract of their paper by February 7, 2020.
- Submissions may be for individual presentations or for panels comprised of three to four presenters.
- Panel proposals must include a brief panel description (no more than 300 words) and brief descriptions of each presentation (no more than 150 words).
- A committee comprised of Nicholls faculty, staff, and students will select and organize papers into presentation panels.
- Selected students will prepare and deliver a 12-15-minute oral presentation of their paper delivered in conventional humanities conference style. Students will read the full version of their paper. Presentations may be supplemented with visual aids, PowerPoint slide shows, etc.
- Selected students will also submit a written version of their presentation to the committee. To be eligible for an award, students must orally present their papers and submit a written version of their papers.
- The committee will select the three best papers.
- The winning papers will receive awards at the 2020 Scholars Expeaux ceremony. All students presenting and submitting papers will receive a certificate of participation.
- Please submit abstracts/proposals by February 7, 2020 to Dr. Scott Banville at email@example.com.