Emotional Support Animal Policy (ESA) & Agreement
- Read the Nicholls State University ESA Policy located here.
- Complete the “Registration for Housing Accommodations Form” located here.
- Provide documentation. Guidelines are located on page three of the ESA Policy (Section IV).
- Complete an intake meeting.
If approved, the student must provide the following (located at the end of the ESA Policy and Agreement document).
- Acknowledgment and Release of Information Consent Form
- Alternate Caregiver Form
- Roommate Acknowledgement Form (SAC staff can assist if needed)
- Veterinary/Owner Verification Form
It is important to note that Nicholls State University will accept and consider requests for reasonable accommodation in University housing at any time. The individual making the request for accommodation should complete and provide the University Housing Reasonable Accommodation Registration Form to the Student Access Center as soon as practicably possible before moving into University housing. However, if the request for accommodation is made fewer than 30 days before the individual intends to move into University housing, Nicholls cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet the individual’s accommodation needs during the first semester or term of occupancy.