Emotional Support Animal Policy (ESA) & Agreement

Please click here to view the Nicholls State University ESA policy.



  1. Read the ESA Policy (located above).
  2. Complete the “Registration for Housing Accommodations Form” located here.
  3. Provide documentation.  Guidelines are located on page three of the ESA Policy (Section IV).
  4. Complete an intake meeting.

If approved, the student must provide the following (located on pages 10 – 13 of the ESA Policy and Agreement document).

  • Acknowledgment and Release of Information Consent Form
  • Alternate Caregiver Form
  • Roommate Acknowledgement Form (SAC staff can assist if needed)
  • Veterinary/Owner Verification Form