The Student Access Center (SAC) aims to create a community of students, faculty, and staff that feel connected and supported by the SAC through outreach events and providing awareness to the community.
Access matters, because:
- Students with disabilities make up an important cross-section of Nicholls State University.
- By working together, we can eliminate barriers and provide equitable educational experiences for students with disabilities.
- By providing access, we allow students to learn and be evaluated fairly, based on their merits (not based on their disabilities or barriers).
- By eliminating barriers, we create pathways for students with disabilities to achieve their full potential, leading to higher retention, graduation, and employment [Ohio State University]
**The information provided on this page consists of a mixture of procedures and documents created in-house and curated from external sources [with citations].
- Classroom Accommodations
- Testing Accommodations
- Notetaker Request
- Fundamental Alteration
- Attendance/Deadline Modification (ADM) Info Sheet
- ADM Plan
- The Faculty Room (DO-IT Washington): Tailored for post-secondary instructors, this site provides a wealth of information concerning inclusive teaching, universal design, accessibility, assistive technology, accommodations, and student-faculty team working & communication tips.