Your willingness to do this task is facilitating equal access for individuals with disabilities attending the educational programs at Nicholls State University. Please read the following information to better familiarize yourself with the guidelines. Do not hesitate to call the SAC if you have any questions.
Volunteer Notetaker’s Guidelines
- Volunteer notetakers are required to be dependable and attend the class every day on time.
- Volunteer notetakers should copy all the information from the board and presentations in addition to taking notes from class lectures. Notes should be arranged in an organized manner and must be written in legible handwriting or typed.
- Volunteer notetakers must always include class announcements such as test dates, review session information, assignments, and due dates in the notes.
- If a volunteer notetaker must unavoidably miss a class, it is their responsibility to obtain the class notes from someone else for the student.
- Volunteer notetakers may deliver notes (handwritten or typed) to the SAC (copy machine available – no charge) or email notes (handwritten or typed) in PDF format to email@example.com. See below for instructions on how to use your phone as a scanner.
- Volunteer notetakers should email or deliver notes to the SAC as soon as possible.
- Volunteer notetakers should meet with SAC staff to discuss any concerns.
- If all conditions are met, volunteer notetakers will receive early registration for the following semester, free membership to Beta Sigma Iota, and a service hours certificate.
Termination of Services:
If the staff of the SAC determines that a volunteer notetaker is not providing notes that are meeting the needs of the SAC students, the notetaker’s services will be terminated.
Phone – PDF Scanner Directions
Please complete the Volunteer Notetaker Agreement Form if you are interested in becoming a SAC Volunteer Notetaker. The SAC staff will contact you via email if your services are needed.