We want you to be at home here and to use these tools to create wonderful things.
Please sign-in when visiting the HUB.
Some tools require little training to operate, others require more. Makers earn badges as they complete training on more specialized tools. Begin Online: Request to Join Safety Spot and read and sign the User’s Agreement. To use a specific piece of equipment, begin training online with Safety Spot or stop in to see a technician to receive one on one training.
Make Good in the Community
- Follow the safety instructions from the HUB Technicians.
- Do not endanger yourself or others.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and responsible manner.
- Help each other and learn from each other.
- Do not make commercial goods.
- Do not make items that celebrate, promote, or otherwise highlight drug or alcohol use, violence, or disrespect for persons or groups.
Make a Safe Space
- Wear closed toe shoes.
- Wear appropriate clothing and personal protective equipment for the space / equipment on which you are working.
- Tie back long hair.
- Use paints and adhesives only within the spray booth.
- Report any injuries immediately.
Make a Functional Space
- Return all tools and equipment, clean and ready for the next maker.
- Leave all spaces clean and neat.
- Project storage is available upon request.
- Properly dispose of all trash in the appropriate receptacle.
- No food or drinks in the Hub.
- Utilize shared resources efficiently.
Use Equipment Responsibly
- Use equipment and tools under direct supervision of a technician or after being badged.
- Report any equipment issues or damage immediately.
- Be helpful to others but do not facilitate use of a tool for someone who has not been badged on that tool.
- Supervise your work. If you need to leave for a short time while a job is running be sure to have a qualified user monitor it in your absence.
Technicians are Here to Help
- Ask anytime you need. We are here to support you.
- Technicians are happy to provide training and supervision while you work.
How do I get started at The Hub?
Step 1: Begin Online with the Basic Safety Training: Request to join Safety Spot; the website containing the Makerspace Safety Course and other training materials.
Step 2: Login to Safety Spot and take the Makerspace Safety Training.
Step 3: Pass the Safety Quiz (General Makerspace Rules)
Step 4: Users Agreement, Complete on Safety Spot or sign and return the form below to a technician prior to training.
Step 5: Ask a Technician about the program/equipment you’d like to use and they can guide you to the appropriate training on Safety Spot or begin training in person.