There is no longer a mandatory student health insurance fee charged to students.
This means that you will not see a charge on your fee bill for the student medical/health insurance.
Students in need of health insurance are referred to the following sources:
- Health Insurance Marketplace at www.HealthCare.gov
Affordable Care Act (ACA) & College Student Information
- Louisiana Medicaid at www.healthy.la.gov or at the local Application Centers.
Changes made to the student medical health insurance policy will not change any of the services offered to students at UHS. Students carrying 7+ hours each fall and spring and 4+ hours each summer will continue to be assessed a Student Health Fee and a Physician fee. This entitles you to use Health Services.
Once a student has paid their Health fee and the Physician fee, along with the other student assessed fees at the beginning of the semester, they have access to use the UHS office/staff during that semester. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the University Health Services office at 985-493-2600.
You can still:
- See the nurse or nurse practitioner at no extra charge;
- Get your compliance paperwork for classes;
- Get free answers to your medical or health questions;
- Get free healthy lifestyle educational information.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the University Health Services office at 985-493-2600.