THIBODAUX – The Nicholls State University Athletics Department will launch a redesigned version of its departmental Web site on Thursday, July 1, when the Colonels unveil the new www.geauxcolonels.com, powered by Internet Consulting Services (ICS/Sidearm).
“We’re very excited to begin this partnership with ICS/Sidearm,” Director of Athletics Rob Bernardi said. “ICS/Sidearm has a proven track record of creative Web design for athletic departments that is also very user-friendly for fans. This new partnership is more suitable to creative control and provides an improved online product for Colonel fans everywhere.”
The new look will give Colonel athletics an updated design and a more interactive, user-friendly experience to their online home, which will still be accessible at www.geauxcolonels.com.
New features that Nicholls fans can find on the redesigned www.geauxcolonels.com include:
- Integration with the all-new Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/colonelsports) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicholls-State-University-Athletics/127481730624698) accounts for Nicholls athletics;
- Text message updates;
- Interactive polls;
- Auctions benefiting Nicholls athletics;
- A mobile version of the site designed specifically for your smart phone;
- Colonel Athletic Association membership; and
- RSS feeds from Nicholls athletics.
Nicholls will still provide the features that fans have become accustomed to seeing on www.geauxcolonels.com, including:
- Photo galleries;
- Live stats for home games;
- Links to purchase Nicholls gear through Nicholls State University’s online bookstore;
- Links to audio and video Webcasts for select Nicholls athletic events; and
- Continuously updated news, stats, schedules and rosters for each of Nicholls’ 14 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic programs.
The newly redesigned www.geauxcolonels.com will go live on Thursday, July 1.
ICS/Sidearm provides web design and service to 63 NCAA Division I institutions nationwide.