THIBODAUX, La. — Nicholls State University awarded endowed professorships to five faculty members across various disciplines during spring University Convocation Friday, Jan. 19.
Funded through generous private donations, professorships help Nicholls retain high-quality faculty by providing supplemental funds for teaching, research or other professional endeavors.
This spring’s awards include:
- The Mary M. Danps Endowed Professorship in Nursing: Dr. Travis “Pete” Lewis
- The Candies 500 Endowed Professorship in Business: Dr. En Mao
- The Harvey Peltier, Sr. Endowed Professorship in Business Administration: Melanie Boudreaux
- The John Brady, Jr. Endowed Professorship in Mass Communication: Nicki Boudreaux
- The Alfred N. Delahaye Endowed Professorship in Journalism: Dr. James Stewart
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Feb. 19, 2018
CONTACT: Jacob Batte, Media Relations and Publications Coordinator, 985.448.4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org