This Quality Enhancement Plan was developed by Nicholls State University in preparation for reaffirmation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and submitted in February 2016. The five-year program cycle has ended and we have submitted our Five-Year Impact Report which was accepted by SACSCOC with no revisions needed. See below for the complete proposal and impact report.
What is SAM?
- SAM focuses on student ownership of academic experiences at the sophomore level; and
- quality advising and mentoring.
SAM Student Learning Outcomes
Empower students to have more ownership in directing their academic career through developing their skills to use the tools and resources and teaching them to value their academic and co-curricular experiences.
Students will be able to:
- Reflect on personal interests, strengths and challenges to achieve academic, career, and personal goals;
- Analyze requirements of their degree program as a path to their academic and career goals;
- Connect high-impact learning practices with academic and career goals; and,
- Connect extra-curricular opportunities and student services with their academic and career goals.
SAM Program Outcomes
- Provide quality advising;
- Transition sophomores from the Academic Advising Center to the major;
- Establish relationships with academic advisors and program faculty; and,
- Optimize course availability.