Our All Major Career Fair is scheduled for Thursday, March 23rd from 10:00AM- 1:00PM in the Student Union Ballroom.
The Nicholls State University Office of Career Services hosts the Annual All Majors Career Fair in the Cotillion Ballroom of the Bollinger Memorial Student Union. More than 70 companies attend, bringing students in direct contact with local, state and national employers to explore job opportunities. Career Fairs also benefit the companies that participate. Nicholls produces talented students, many of which would be great assets to their companies. The Career Fairs also have faculty and staff involvement, along with campus student organization participation. A cross section of Nicholls’ alumni also participates.
Career Fair Tips
How Career Fairs Can Benefit You:
- Enables you to establish job contacts with prospective employers
- Enables you to explore career possibilities
- Enables you to gather information about employers
How To Make Career Fairs Work For You:
- Know which employers are attending Career Day
- Research companies prior to Career Day
- Clarify personal goals
- Know which employers you want to see at Career Day
- Prepare a well-written resume
- Prepare a one-minute Commercial:
- Introduce yourself
- Let the employer know that you have researched his/her company
- Express why you are interested in his/her organization
- Let the employer know what you have to offer
What You Should Do for the Career Fair:
- DRESS AND LOOK PROFESSIONAL
- Do your best to relate your skills and interests to the needs of the employer
- Answer questions quickly
- Be open and honest
- Maintain eye contact
- Demonstrate good verbal skills
- Give a good firm handshake
- Show enthusiasm and interest
- Take several copies of your resume and be sure they are easily accessible
- Follow up on initial contact by telephone or through mail
- Ask for: business card, name and phone number or e-mail of contact person, if different from the representative
- Avoid distracting mannerisms
- Speak clearly and concisely
Spring Career Fairs
March is Career Month
During this month, the Office of Career Services invites guest speakers to make on-campus presentations about resume writing, interviews, job searching, dining etiquette for luncheon interviews, secrets to success, etc.
Culinary Career Fair
This day is specifically for the students enrolled in the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute. Employers from many well-known restaurants, hotels and catering facilities spend the day on campus recruiting our students for externships, as well as post graduation positions.
Nursing Job Fair
This day is specifically set aside for students majoring in nursing or allied health. Employers from many state-wide hospitals, health-care groups and other health-care providers spend the day on campus recruiting our students for post graduation opportunities.