Q. Where is the University Honors Program office located?
A. The University Honors Program office is located in 111 Gouaux Hall. This office is in the corner of the building diagonal from Ellender Hall. It is the corner office between the Department of Biological Sciences and the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute.

Q. How do I join the University Honors Program?
A. Download an Honors Program Application or pick one up in the Honors Office (111 Gouaux Hall). Please include a one-time $35 student activity fee, 100 percent of which goes to support academic and other activities while an honors student at Nicholls. Make your check payable to University Honors Program, Nicholls State University, P.O. Box 2021, Thibodaux, LA 70310, or deliver it to the honors office.

Q. What are the requirements to join the University Honors Program?
A. Incoming freshmen must have an ACT composite score of at least 25, with no component score below 20. Current Nicholls students may apply for admission after completing 12 or more hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater. Requirements for transfer students are the same as those for current Nicholls students.

Q. How do I stay in the University Honors Program?
A. Maintain a 3.2 GPA or higher and earn at least three hours of honors credit per year (by completion or by petition).

Q. How do I graduate from the University Honors Program?
A. Complete 18 hours of honors courses, two hours of Honors Forum (HUMA 111) and four hours of honors independent study (HONR 401 and HONR 402), all with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater.

Q. How can I get involved?
A. After filling out an application, attend meetings at posted times, run for a position on the Honors Student Council, head down to the Honors Student Center in 160 Beauregard Hall or join other members in honors-sponsored events. There’s so much to do!

Q. Where does the Honors Abroad Program travel?
A. The Honors Abroad Program currently travels to England and Costa Rica, where students academic and humanities credits. More locations are planned for future excursions.

Q. What are the requirements to travel with the Honors Abroad Program?
A. You must be in good standing with the University Honors Program and have earned at least 60 credit hours (junior status). Other criteria apply and are announced to honors students by e-mail and postings to this Web site.


Office Location:
Gouaux Hall 111
Mailing Address:
P.O. 2020
Thibodaux, LA 70310
Phone: 985.449.7124
Fax: 985.493.2614
E-mail: Brigett Scott