Nicholls State University awarded endowed professorships to 17 faculty members across various disciplines at its fall Faculty Institute Wednesday, Aug. 13. Pictured (back row, from left) are Dr. Ronnie Fanguy, Dr. Jeff Haynie, Jason Talbot, Donald Kasten, Dr. Gregg Stall, Dr. J. Robert B. Field, Dr. Xiaoyan “Tony” Chu, Dr. Grant Gautreaux, Dr. Glenn Lo, Dr. Kenneth Klauss, (front row, from left) Dr. Allyse Ferarra, Amelie Beniot-Zeringue, Jean Donegan and Dr. Linda Manfrin-Ledet. Not pictured: Michael Gautreaux.
THIBODAUX — Nicholls State University awarded endowed professorships to 17 faculty members across various disciplines at its fall Faculty Institute Wednesday, Aug. 13.
Funded through generous private donations, professorships help Nicholls retain high-quality faculty by providing supplemental funds for teaching, research or other professional endeavors.
This fall’s awards include:
- American Association of Drilling Engineers Endowed Professorship in Petroleum Services: Michael Gautreaux
- Betsy Ayo Endowed Professorship in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Information Systems in the College of Business Administration: Dr. Xiaoyan “Tony” Chu
- Andie Bollinger Endowed Professorship in Business: Dr. Ronnie Fanguy
- Bonnie Bourg Endowed Professorship in Higher Education: Dr. Gregg Stall
- Gloria B. Callais Endowed Professorship in Music: Dr. Kenneth Klaus
- Entergy Endowed Professorship in Information Systems: Dr. Jeff Haynie
- Gerald Gaston Endowed Professorship in Business Administration: Dr. J. Robert B. Field
- Maxine Giardina Memorial Endowed Professorship in the Louisiana Center for Dyslexia and Related Learning Disorders: Jason Talbot
- Dr. Grace Monk Gueydan Endowed Professorship in Nursing: Dr. Linda Manfrin-Ledet
- Jerry Ledet Foundation Endowed Professorship in Environmental Biology: Dr. Allyse Ferrara
- Lorio Foundation Endowed Professorship in Fine Arts: Jean Donegan
- Lorio Foundation Endowed Professorship in Languages and Literature: Dr. Scott Banville
- Lorio Foundation Endowed Professorship in Physical Sciences: Dr. Glenn Lo
- Joseph Maselli Endowed Professorship in Culinary Arts: Amelie Benoit-Zeringue
- Donald Peltier Endowed Professorship in Education: Dr. Grant Gautreaux
- Peltier Foundation Endowed Professorship in Business Administration: Dr. William Neese
- Benny Raziano Endowed Professorship in Culinary Arts: Donald Kasten