THIBODAUX, La. — The Nicholls Players invite you behind the scenes of a courtroom drama as the cast deliberates on a homicide in “Twelve Angry Jurors.”
“Twelve Angry Jurors” is based on the 1954 TV movie “Twelve Angry Men,” by Reginald Rose. The play will open in the Mary and Al Danos Theater on Thursday, Oct. 17 and run until Sunday, Oct. 20.
The play begins as the judge sends the jury to deliberate on whether a young man murdered his father. Eleven of the 12 jurors believe the suspect is guilty. But one juror sows a seed of reasonable doubt.
Performances are set for 7 p.m. Oct. 17-19, and a 2 p.m. matinee performance on Oct. 20. Tickets are for $15 for the public and $7 for Nicholls students with their Colonel Cards. Tickets must be purchased with cash at the door which opens one hour before the show.
The Nicholls Players are the campus’ theater organization, which has a history dating back to 1958. Students, faculty, staff and members of the community take part in the group’s two main stage plays a year.
The Nicholls Players will also present two matinee performances to area high schools Oct. 17-18.
For more information, call 448-4586.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 10, 2019
MEDIA CONTACT: Jacob Batte, Media Relations and Publications Coordinator, 985.448.4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The full cast list includes:
- Foreman Carissa Theriot, nursing major from Thibodaux;
- Juror Two Madison Powers, mass communication major from Centerville;
- Juror Three Malcolm Parfait, community member from Shriever;
- Juror Four Cyra Green, nursing major from Berwick;
- Juror Five Jamie Bonvillain, psychology major from Houma;
- Six: Hayley Lewis, nursing major from Luling;
- Juror Seven Emily Munson, general family and consumer sciences major from Alexandria;
- Juror Eight James Stewart, mass communication faculty member from Houma;
- Juror Nine Christina Bourgeois, secondary education major from Lockport;
- Juror Ten Sam Songe, chemistry major from Brusly;
- Juror Eleven Ashton Verdin, English major from Lockport;
- Juror Twelve Amanda Eschete, mass communication major from Westwego;
- Guard: Jacob Schultz, math major from Houma;
- Judge: Brennyn Galliano, English major from Lockport
The crew includes:
- Director: Anna Broussard, Speech/Theater faculty member from Baton Rouge
- Assistant Director: Devin Griffin, mass communication major from Cut Off
- Stage Manager: Kirsten Almeida, English major from Houma
- Assistant Stage Manager: Loryn Monceaux, mass communication major from Houma