When the Dean of Students receives information alleging that a student has violated the Standards of Conduct, the Dean shall investigate the alleged violation.
Violations of the Standards of Conduct must be reported within six months of the discovery of the alleged violation.
1. After completing a preliminary investigation, the Dean may:
- Dismiss the allegation as unfounded; or
- Summon the student for a conference, after conferring with the student, dismiss the allegation; or
- proceed administratively if it is determined that the alleged violation is of a nature requiring discipline action;
- If the violation warrant suspension or dismissal, prepare a written charge and proceed to notify the student of his or her due process.
- If the alleged violation is not a discipline matter but needs attention, the Dean will refer the matter to the proper University department or official.