Colonels Nursing News
Catch up on the latest news happenings in the Department of Nursing at Nicholls State University through the Colonels Nursing News, the official newsletter of Nursing at Nicholls!
Nursing Information Sessions
Are you ready to apply to the BSN clinical nursing program? Click here to learn about the mandatory Nursing Information Sessions and the requirements for application!
Check out the BSN Curriculum here!
Interested in the LPN to BSN Articulation? Click here!
Find out about our RN to BSN Articulation here!
Wondering why you should pursue a nursing degree at Nicholls?
Here are a few reasons why:
- We have approval of the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
- The baccalaureate nursing program at Nicholls State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202)887-6791.
- Our students get involved on campus and in the community through NASN.
- Traditionally, the pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensure exam for students has exceeded both state and national averages.
- Our faculty and staff members are dedicated to making your college experience memorable.
Prepare for a future career in nursing in state-of-the-art facilities at Nicholls.
So you’re interested in a career in nursing. You definitely made the right decision to visit our website. Nursing at Nicholls State University is where you need to be!
Nursing is a VITAL profession, and we make the difference in the lives of so many. As society continually changes, nursing is poised to EXPLODE, ADVANCE and EXPAND its role in service to meet head-on the health care needs of the world and certainly the community in which we live.
My question to you: Do you want to be a nurse? If the answer is an emphatic “YES!” then what are you waiting for? Many are “born” to be nurses, but most are “made” into nurses through perseverance, commitment, motivation, compassion, desire and, no doubt, hard work; it’s a major part of the equation, but just know that the outcome is sweet!
Nursing at Nicholls. Check us out! Peruse our website and find out more about our students, our faculty, our awesome nursing building, our student nurse organization, career opportunities and those who have gone before you. Can it be done? ABSOLUTELY!
Best wishes for a successful career,
Rebecca Lyons, PhD(c), RN