Nursing Information Session
In order to apply to the clinical component of the BSN Program, prospective students are required to attend a Nursing Information Session. Sessions are offered at varied times during each semester. The session provides a review of the admission processes, submission of BSN Program Application, and the criteria for application set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing for students to enroll in a clinical nursing course. Students just need to attend one session. Students meeting the admission requirements by the end of the fall 2019 semester are eligible to apply for the spring 2020 semester.
The fall 2019 Nursing Information Session schedule for those students applying for entry into the clinical component of the BSN Program for the spring 2020 semester is below. Click on the link below to register. Sessions generally last 90 minutes. Registration for Nursing Information Sessions will open one week prior to the session date.
HESI A2 scores and Final Grades are due by Thursday, December 12th by 12:00 p.m.
- The first 35 hours of the Nicholls State University BSN Curriculum must be completed by the end of the fall 2019 semester.
- Course work includes: BIOL 114, 115, 116, 117, 205 (11 credit hours); CHEM 109 (3 credit hours); ENGL 101, 102 (6 credit hours); History (3 credit hours); Humanities (3 credit hours); PSYC 101 (3 credit hours); OIS 200 (2 credit hours); MATH 101 or MATH 117 (3 credit hours); & UNIV 101 (1 credit hour).
- Application GPA will be calculated using only these 35 credit hours. The Department of Nursing considers only the “last attempt” at course work to calculate this GPA.
- All courses in the BSN curriculum must be passed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Effective for the Spring 2018 Admissions Cycle – Completion of the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Admissions Assessment Test (A2) Anatomy/Physiology and Biology sections with a score of at least 75% in each section.
- Eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical component of the BSN Program.