The Department of Nursing has released the Fall 2016 Nursing Information Sessions schedule for those students applying for entry into the clinical component of the BSN program for the Spring 2017 semester. Students meeting the admission requirements by the end of the Fall 2016 semester will be eligible to apply for the Spring 2017 semester. Sessions generally last about an hour.
Some important considerations:
- The first 35 hours of the Nicholls State University BSN Curriculum must be completed by the end of the Fall 2016 semester.
- Course work includes: BIOL 114, 115, 116, 117, 205 (11 credit hours); CHEM 109 (3 credit hours); ENGL 101, 102 (6 credit hours); History (3 credit hours); Humanities (3 credit hours); PSYC 101 (3 credit hours); OIS 200 (2 credit hours); MATH 101 or MATH 117 (3 credit hours); & UNIV 101 (1 credit hour).
- Application GPA will be calculated using only these 35 credit hours. The Department of Nursing considers only the “last attempt” at course work to calculate this GPA.
- All courses in the BSN curriculum must be passed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Completion of the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Nursing Admissions Assessment Test (A2) with a minimum score of 75%. All applicants must attend a Nursing Information Session to obtain an application.
- Qualification to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical sequence of the BSN program.
PLEASE NOTE: You can access a copy of the admission criteria, the full curriculum, and curriculum course descriptions @ https://www.nicholls.edu/nursing/bsn-curriculum/
Fall 2016 Nursing Information Sessions
for Spring 2017 Admission Cycle
All Nursing Information Sessions – 201 Ayo Hall
Friday, September 23, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Monday, October 3, 2016 at 9:00 am
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 11:00 am
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Friday, November 11, 2016 at 10:00 am
Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 9:00 am
HESI Admissions Assessment Test (A2)
All Testing is in 102 Ayo Hall at 8:30 am
The HESI A2 exam can be taken as many times as the student would like, and there is no expiration date. All testing must be completed prior to the closing of each application cycle. Students are responsible for submitting a copy of their highest test scores by the deadline. The HESI A2 exam is a timed five hour, computerized test with the following sections: Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Biology and Anatomy and Physiology. The HESI A2 Exam Review (4th edition) is available for purchase online at www.elsevierhealth.com
Testing Dates include:
Monday, June 27, 2016
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Thursday, September 23, 2016
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Potential applicants should report to 351 Betsy C. Ayo Hall or contact the BSN Program Office at 985-448-4695 to register for a Nursing Information Session or HESI A2 Test.