In order to apply to the clinical component of the BSN Program, prospective students are required to attend a Nursing Information Session. Sessions are offered at varied times during each semester. The session provides a review of the admission processes, submission of BSN Program Application, and the criteria for application set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing for students to enroll in a clinical nursing course. Students just need to attend one session. Students meeting the admission requirements by the end of the fall 2017 semester are eligible to apply for the spring 2018 semester.
The fall 2017 Nursing Information Session schedule for those students applying for entry into the clinical component of the BSN Program for the spring 2018 semester is below. Sessions generally last 90 minutes.
Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Some important considerations:
- The first 35 hours of the Nicholls State University BSN Curriculum must be completed by the end of the fall 2017 semester.
- Course work includes: BIOL 114, 115, 116, 117, 205 (11 credit hours); CHEM 109 (3 credit hours); ENGL 101, 102 (6 credit hours); History (3 credit hours); Humanities (3 credit hours); PSYC 101 (3 credit hours); OIS 200 (2 credit hours); MATH 101 or MATH 117 (3 credit hours); & UNIV 101 (1 credit hour).
- Application GPA will be calculated using only these 35 credit hours. The Department of Nursing considers only the “last attempt” at course work to calculate this GPA.
- All courses in the BSN curriculum must be passed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Completion of the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Nursing Admissions Assessment Test (A2) with a minimum score of 75%.
- Eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical component of the BSN Program
Continue to HESI Admission Assessment Information