Nursing Information Sessions
The Department of Nursing will soon release the Fall 2015 Nursing Information Sessions schedule for those students applying for entry into the clinical component of the BSN program for the Spring 2016 semester. Students who will complete the first 35 hours of the Nicholls BSN curriculum by the end of the Fall 2015 semester with a minimum GPA of 2.75, no grade less than a “C” in required course work, and meeting all other program requirements will be eligible to apply for the Spring 2016 semester. Potential applicants should report to 351 Betsy C. Ayo Hall to sign up for a session. Sessions generally last about an hour.
Some important considerations:
- The specific first 35 hours of the Nicholls State University BSN Curriculum must be completed by the end of the Fall 2015 semester.
- Course work includes: BIOL 114, 115, 116, 117, 205 (11 credit hours); CHEM 109 (3 credit hours); ENGL 101, 102 (6 credit hours); History (3 credit hours); Humanities (3 credit hours); PSYC 101 (3 credit hours); OIS 200 (2 credit hours); MATH 101 or MATH 117 (3 credit hours); & UNIV 101 (1 credit hour).
- Application GPA will be calculated using only these 35 credit hours. The Department of Nursing considers only “last (most recent) attempts” at course work to calculate this GPA.
- All courses in the BSN curriculum must be passed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- All applicants must attend a Nursing Information Session to obtain an application.
- Qualification to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical sequence of the BSN program.
PLEASE NOTE: You can access a copy of the admission criteria, the full curriculum, and curriculum course descriptions @ http://www.nicholls.edu/nursing/bsn-curriculum/
Nicholls State University
Department of Nursing
Fall 2015 Nursing Information Sessions
for Spring 2016 Admission Cycle
Dates to be announced soon!
All Nursing Information Sessions – 301 Ayo Hall