Nursing Information Sessions
Nicholls State University College of Nursing and Allied Health
Department of Nursing Mandatory Nursing Information Sessions
The Department of Nursing has released the Fall 2013 schedule of Nursing Information Sessions for those students intending to apply for possible entry into the BSN clinical sequence for the Spring 2014 semester. Students who will complete the first 35 hours of the Nicholls BSN curriculum by the end of the Fall 2013 semester with a minimum GPA of 2.75 & no grade less than a “C” in required course work are eligible to apply for the Spring 2014 semester. Potential applicants should report to 351 Betsy C. Ayo Hall starting September 11, 2013 to sign up for a session. Sessions generally last 60 – 75 minutes.
Some important considerations:
- The specific first 35 hours of the Nicholls State University BSN Curriculum must be completed by the end of the Fall 2013 semester.
- Course work includes: BIOL 114, 115, 116, 117, 205 (11 credit hours); CHEM 109 (3 credit hours); ENGL 101, 102 (6 credit hours); History (3 credit hours); Humanities (3 credit hours); PSYC 101 (3 credit hours); OIS 200 (2 credit hours); MATH 101 or 117 (3 credit hours); & UNIV 101 (1 credit hour).
- Application GPA will be calculated using only these 35 credit hours. The Department of Nursing considers only “last (most recent) attempts” at course work to calculate this GPA.
- All courses in the BSN curriculum must be passed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- All applicants must attend a Nursing Information Session to obtain an application.
- Qualification to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical sequence of the BSN program.
PLEASE NOTE: You can access a copy of the admission criteria, the full curriculum, and curriculum course descriptions @ http://www.nicholls.edu/nursing/bsn-curriculum/