Welcome to the Nicholls State University Office of Financial Aid! We’re here to help you. In order to learn as much as possible about applying and receiving financial aid, please make your selection from the menu on the left. Most full-time undergraduate students at Nicholls depend upon financial assistance to pay their educational costs. A student unable to meet the cost of an education at Nicholls with personal or family resources should apply for financial aid.
Financial aid alternatives available are in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and employment opportunities. Regardless of income, residence or academic credentials, students should apply for financial aid. Some students who believe they are ineligible for assistance learn that they are eligible.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov.
Monitor your status and complete outstanding requirements:
|See if your financial aid application is complete!|
|View your financial aid awards!|
|Direct Loan Master Promissory Note|
Financial Aid News
- June 30, 2015 at 10:59 amIf you're a student, parent, or borrower and you're logging in to a U.S. Department of Education (ED) website, like fafsa.gov, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) at www.nslds.ed.gov, or StudentLoans.gov, you will be asked to create new log-in credentials known as the FSA ID. The FSA ID (Username and Password) will replace the FSA 4-digit PIN for students, parents, and borrowers as the process by which students and parents authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information. Even if you've already completed the FAFSA or haven't begun the financial aid application process, we encourage you to complete this process now at fsaid.ed.gov.
- May 11, 2015 at 9:10 amAs of today, the FSA ID, which consists of a user-created username and password, has replaced the PIN. Similar to how the PIN was used, it allows users to electronically access personal information on Federal Student Aid Web sites as well as electronically sign a FAFSA. Creating your new FSA ID takes less than five minutes to complete. During the process, you may link your FSA ID to your PIN and prepopulate most of the fields on the form. Please visit fsaid.ed.gov to create your FSA ID! PS. Don’t forget that the parent signing the FAFSA or requesting a Parent PLUS Loan must have an FSA ID as well.
- February 27, 2015 at 10:42 amIf you'd like a copy of what was discussed at Financial Aid Night, you may download the slides here!
- February 19, 2015 at 10:19 amNicholls State University is hosting Financial Aid Night on Thursday, February 26, 2015, at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium of Peltier Hall on our campus. We encourage college-bound seniors and their parents to join us for an excellent opportunity to gain an early start on preparing to finance their college education. Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. and parking will be available in the lot across from Peltier Hall. A map of the campus can be found at www.nicholls.edu/about/campus-map. For questions about Financial Aid Night, students and parents may contact our office at (985) 448-4048.
- November 19, 2014 at 9:35 amHere are some tips from college financial experts on steps to take before, during and after college to help ensure that your debt load remains manageable so it doesn't ruin your life. Click here to read more.