The Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship is a competitive scholarship that awards $2000 annually for an undergraduate student and $3,000 annually to a graduate student pursuing a degree in forestry, wildlife or marine science at a Louisiana Public College or University. The cumulative maximum award is $12,000 for up to three years of undergraduate study and two years of graduate study.
Standard Eligibility Requirements
– Be a U.S. citizen or national or eligible non-citizen and be registered with Selective Service if required
– Be a Louisiana resident for at least one year prior to July 1st of the scholarship award year
– Complete and submit such documentary evidence as required by LASFAC
– Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in a Louisiana Public College or University majoring in forestry, wildlife or marine science with the intent of obtaining a degree in that field. Undergraduate students must have earned at least 60 hours of college credit and have at least a 2.50 cumulative college GPA.
– As a graduate student have at least a 3.00 cumulative college GPA on all credits earned in graduate school
How to Apply
2. Complete the Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship Application so that it is received by LOSFA no later than July 1 immediately before the academic year you wish to be considered. If your Application is not received by the July 1 deadline, but is received by December 1, you may be eligible for the next spring semester, if funds are available.
The following scholarship is available for Summer 2017. The deadline date is April 29, 2017.
Applications are being accepted until April 29 at 5:00 p.m. for the Oscar Lee Putnam Cultural and Intellectual Enrichment Program. Grants of up to $2,000 are awarded for student projects, including:
- performance of an original musical or theatrical work
- research in the laboratory of a faculty mentor
- research paper or thesis requiring the consultation of special collections
- exhibition of a portfolio of art
- research requiring field work or study
Students from all Louisiana colleges and universities are eligible and encouraged to apply. Eligible applicants must be Louisiana residents, be 23 years of age or younger, have at least a 3.0 GPA, and submit a Statement of Financial Condition. To apply and learn more, visit tulane.edu/college/programs/putnam_grant.cfm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following scholarships are available for the 17-18 academic year.
The Louisiana Garden Club Federation (LGCF) offers several scholarships annually ranging in value from $500 to $2000. These scholarships are available to students majoring in Agricultural Sciences, Landscape Design, Horticulture, Botany or Environmental Sciences. The deadline for application is June 1. Please make the following information available to all students who may qualify for one of our scholarships.
Information for the 2017-2018 academic year LGCF scholarships may be found on the Scholarship page of the LGCF website: http://www.lgcfinc.org/scholarships.html
F.A. Davis is delighted to offer our annual $1,500 graduate nursing scholarship opportunity. This scholarship reflects our continual commitment to the education of nurses and recognizes the very special nature of those who have chosen to embark on this challenging, yet rewarding career path. The award amount is $1500. The deadline date is July 15, 2017.