The following scholarships are available:
The New Orleans Crescent City Connections Express Network of the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) is offering four scholarships to female students who will be attending accredited universities. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and residents of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Charles, Lafourche, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, or St. Tammany parishes. Applicants may be an entering college freshman/sophomore, a college junior/senior, or graduate student with a GPA of 3.2 or higher. Criteria for each scholarship differs depending on type of scholarship. Eligible women interested in applying for the scholarship should contact: Theresa M. Barnard, 504.889.1704 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be completed by April 15, 2019.
RNCareers.org is pleased to announce scholarships that recognize outstanding nursing students in the United States. The recipients need to demonstrate dedication to nursing’s evolving role in the healthcare system, the drive to make nursing a lifelong career and a commitment to outstanding patient care. RNCareers.org has the following scholarships available.
- RN to BSN Scholarship – This Scholarship recognizes an outstanding nursing student enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program i.e. https://www.rncareers.org/rn-bsn-programs/ The deadline date is October 31, 2019.
- Nurse Practitioner Scholarship – The RNCareers.org Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Scholarship recognizes an outstanding nursing student enrolled in an accredited Nurse Practitioner (NP) program i.e. https://www.rncareers.org/aprn/certified-registered-nurse-anesthetist-crna/ The deadline date is October 31, 2019.
AvaCare Medical Scholarship Applicants for the AvaCare Scholarship must meet the criteria below. The application is available at https://avacaremedical.com/scholarship
- – Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
- – High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- – Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- – Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, health law, etc.
Although all students with the above criteria are welcome to apply for this scholarship, preference will be given to students with a physical disability.