Parking permits can be obtained from the Office of Parking Services located at University Police in Calecas Hall at any time during a semester or summer session by bringing your vehicle registration. If a permit is needed for the new school year, you must apply online during the summer or wait until the end of July when we are able to issue them directly from our office. For a limited time period prior to each fall semester, students and employees can register for their permits online. For students, the fee of $50 can either be paid at the fee collection window or on-line after picking up your permit. You are not charged a permit fee until after you get a permit. For employees, the fee must either be paid in advance in Fee Collections or opted to be withheld from the employee’s paycheck.
2013-2014 Parking Permit Information:
Parking permit registration for the 2013-2014 academic year can be done in our office in the Police Department in Calecas Hall during our regular business hours of Mon-Thur 7:00-3:30 and Fridays 7:00-11:00. Summer school students need to come to our office to get a permit. Students and faculty/staff who register for a permit on-line will receive their permit through the mail. The charge for a student permit may not be posted to your account until the beginning of the fall semester, even if you have already received your permit. The charge for an employee permit will be deducted from payroll. Employees who want to pay up-front for their permit must wait until the on-line application is not available.
Student permits must be affixed directly to the outside of the rear windshield on the passenger side. Permits cannot be taped. Registrants must contact the Office of Parking Services if they are unable to affix directly to rear window due to vehicle design.
1. Permit must be properly displayed at all times.
2. Lost permits will be replaced at full cost to the individual.
3. Permit owners are responsible for all Nicholls citations issued to their permit or license plate number.
4. Permit is not transferable to other vehicles or users.
5. You must come in person to pick up your permit; parents/friends/family cannot pick up the permit for you.
6. Temporary parking passes are issued at no cost to students if the vehicle registered with a permit is temporarily not usable. Bring the vehicle registration of the vehicle being temporarily used and your Colonel Card. You are allowed up to 2 weeks, twice during a semester. If a parking permit has not been purchased or more than 2 temporary passes are issued during a semester, a parking permit fee will be charged.