Nicholls State University 2017 Mardi Gras Parking Policies
****** PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE PARADE ROUTE HAS CHANGED, THE PARADES WILL ONLY PASS ONE TIME ON AUDUBON DRIVE AND IT WILL NOT BE RETURNING *********
Spots will begin selling Monday, January 9, 2017. Please use the application form below to apply for Mardi Gras parking at Nicholls State University.
Options for parking on the Nicholls Campus for parades:
- Free parking – Parade-goers can park their vehicles at no charge in one of the interior campus parking lots not directly along the parade route. There are no campers allowed in these lots.
- Pre-paid seasonal reserved parking – Parade-goers can reserve premium parking spaces adjacent to the parade route for campers, cars, or trucks for the entire 2017 Mardi Gras season. The costs are $50 per car/truck/van and $200 per camper (includes 1 vehicle per camper in the assigned lot).
- Parade-day paid parking – Parade-goers can park their car/truck/van in designated lots adjacent to the parade route. The cost is $10 per day per vehicle, sold on a first come-first serve basis. There are no campers allowed in these lots.
Lots designated for reserved, paid parking include:
- Lot 7, located across from Goaux Hall on Madewood Drive (between Ellender and B.C. Ayo Hall on Audubon Drive), is reserved for camper parking only.
- Lot 20, located across from Babington Hall on Audubon Drive, and Lot 19, located between Audubon Drive and the Max Charter School, are reserved for cars, trucks, and vans.
- Lot 6, located on Audubon Drive between the James Alumni House and Scholars Hall, is reserved for overflow camper parking, cars, trucks, and vans.
All campus visitors should adhere to normal parking courtesies, such as observing handicapped zones, no parking zones, and reserved parking spaces, as some Nicholls’ employees work after normal business hours.
Additional campus parking restrictions:
- Vehicles are not permitted on grassy areas. Vehicles parked on grassy areas are subject to towing.
- All University buildings will be closed to the public during parade times.
- After campers are parked, the towing vehicles must be parked elsewhere (one vehicle is included with each rental of a camper space, but that vehicle will be directed to a different part of the parking lot).
- Visitors may reside in campers overnight, but tailgate parties are prohibited after 9 pm.
- Visitors may not tie or connect equipment to University property, including signs, buildings, or cables.
- Fires are not allowed.
- Glass containers are prohibited on University property.
- Port-o-lets are not permitted, nor are visitors allowed to dump human waste on University property.
- Campers are prohibited from using University water, gas, and electrical sources.
- Visitors in reserved spaces are responsible for their own garbage pickup. The University will charge clean-up fees to visitors who leave garbage behind.
Camper/RVs/ Vehicles Parking Times that have Pre-Paid:
- Campers can begin parking @ 1:30 pm-4:00 pm Saturday. After the parade on February 18 Campers/Rvs/Vehicles must vacate immediately following the parade.
- Campers can begin parking @ 1:30 pm-4:00 pm Saturday, February 25 and remain parked until February 28.
- Campers/RVs/Vehicles must vacate campus IMMEDIATTELY following the parade on February 28.
Nicholls is officially closed Monday, February 27 and Tuesday, February 28, 2017 but the above restrictions will be enforced by University Police throughout the 2017 Mardi Gras Season.
Premium parking spaces can be reserved by submitting a completed Mardi Gras Season Parking Pass Application along with the payment to University Police. Information can also be requested by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling Parking Services at (985) 448-4942.