Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to get a parking decal?

Any vehicle parked on campus regularly, occasionally or temporarily during any semester or summer session is required to have a current Nicholls parking permit.


What do I do if I receive a ticket?

Payment for all citations must be transacted at the Fee Collection Center in Elkins Hall. In addition, anyone who believes the citation is unjust according to the parking guidelines may appeal the citation within 15 workdays of receiving the citation. Community service can be performed in lieu of fine and must be applied for prior to citation due date. Report to university police to apply for community service.


How long does the appeal process take?

Appeals are processed within a three-week period of the time submitted.


What if I don’t pay the citations?

Fine non-payment is considered indebtedness to the university. Student fines that have not been paid will prevent the student from completing class registration. The university will not provide a copy of the student’s transcript until the indebtedness has been resolved. Parking privileges may also be suspended. Faculty/staff fines not paid may result in having wages tapped for the amount owed or until the indebtedness has been resolved. Parking privileges may also be suspended.


Where do I go to get a parking permit?

Permits can be received in the Parking Services Office which is located at University Police in Calecas Hall.


What do I need to bring with me to get a parking permit?

You must bring your Colonel Card, fee payment bill or paid receipt and vehicle registration.


How do I know where I can park?

Refer to the Parking Manual that was given to you when you picked up your permit. You can also use the link in the content column to access the parking manual.


What if I sell, trade or wreck my registered vehicle?

To avoid an additional cost, please remove the permit and return it to Parking Services. You will be issued another at no cost for the replacement vehicle.


University Parking Services

Calecas Hall
P.O. Box 2784
Thibodaux, LA 70310

Phone: 985.448.4942
Fax: 985.449.7131


7:00 am-3:00 pm

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.