The College of Business Administration, in partnership with alumni and community employers, will post career opportunities for our students and graduates.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- (Posted 11/30/18) Bergeron + Company, CPAs, LLC is looking for an experienced, degreed accountant. Required skills include: Preparation of financial statements, Preparation of sales tax returns, Preparation of payroll and payroll tax returns, Preparation of business and individual tax returns. CPA or CPA candidate preferred. Salary depends on experience. Flexible work arrangements. If interested, please email resume and/or questions to Amy Lloyd (email@example.com).
- (Posted 11/28/18) M&P Barge Co., Inc. has an administrative assistant position available. Check the following link to see a full list of qualifications, required skills, and contact information: https://www.nicholls.edu/business/files/2018/11/Position-Announcement.2018-MP-Barge-Co.pdf
- (Posted 11/28/18) Crosby Energy Services has a position open for a full-time Safety/Training Specialist. Click the following link for a full job description and contact information: https://www.nicholls.edu/business/files/2018/11/2018-Nv-27-Crosby-Energy-Services-Safety-Training-Specialist.pdf
- (Posted 11/28/18) Bollinger Quick Repair (Harvey, LA) has an immediate opening for a Maritime Management Graduate: Assistant Project Coordinator. An Assistant Project Coordinator aids in providing job costs and billing amounts to customers and evaluates the scope of work to be performed on projects. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: evaluating the scope of work to be performed on projects, communicating the needed repairs with both internal and external customers, aiding in the estimations of quotes, survey projects, and proposals. The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime Management, have basic computer experience utilizing MS Office applications (i.e. Word and Excel) and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, outside representatives and subcontractors. Basic blueprint reading skills a plus. Interested individuals should contact Andre Bourgeois (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at (985) 532-2554, ext. 5389.
- (Posted 11/18/18) Hub International is looking for recent grads (or those close to graduating) interested in Employee Benefits! NO previous experience in benefits necessary! They will train YOU! If you are interested, please send your resume to Brooke Brunet at: email@example.com
- (Posted 11/13/18) Sealevel Construction, Inc. is a heavy civil construction company providing various services including pile driving, earthwork, civil construction, structural concrete/paving, etc. throughout southern Louisiana. We are looking for a full‐time Human Resources Administrator to join our team. For a full job description, click the following link: https://www.nicholls.edu/business/files/2018/11/HR-Admin-2.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1hjvr38IcIVZFBOhhE1i4zjuJLikFfOi2k2x_NprrwhsDIGUwD4eH_o04
- (Posted 11/13/18) Fakier Jewelers is looking for someone who is interested in working part time while going to school for Advertising. Scope of work would be to assist in all advertising responsibilities. Some light sales might come into play. The temporary position has a real possibility to become full time after graduation. Those interested please send resume to GF@fakier.com.
- (Posted 11/5/18) Cooper Consolidated is searching for an exceptional candidate to fill our current opening as a Night Marine Dispatcher. This position is responsible for scheduling and dispatching inland tug boats delivering mostly dry cargo barges. This position may also include using radio, telephone or computer to transmit assignments and compile schedules and reports on work progress. The Marine Dispatcher works under the general supervision of a Chief Dispatch, Logistics Manager and has no supervisory responsibility. Click the following link for a complete job description and contact information: https://www.nicholls.edu/business/files/2018/11/Cooper-Consolidated.pdf
- (Posted 10/30/2018) There is a position open at T.S. Kearns & Co., CPA. A career opportunity is available at T. S. Kearns & Co., CPA, which is a firm of Certified Public Accountants located in Thibodaux, Louisiana serving clients in southeast Louisiana. Duties of this position will include many aspects of a full service CPA firm including financial statements, financial audits, income tax returns and client relations. Email your résumé to Mr. Kearns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Posted 10/30/2018) The IRS is looking to hire 12 Revenue Agents in Louisiana. They are advertising 5 positions in Baton Rouge, 3 positions in Houma, and 4 positions in Lake Charles. The estimated start date is April 14, 2019. Read more about Internal Revenue Agent *12 Month Register at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515288900
- (Posted 10/25/2018) Michael J. Blanchard CPA, APC is growing and they are seeking qualified staff at all levels to join their team. Positions available from Senior Staff/Managers to entry level accounting positions. Primary services include: income tax preparation and planning, bookkeeping, payroll, financial statement preparations and compilations, as well as business advisory and consulting services. Firm’s main client focus is to provide these services to closely-held businesses and their owners. Experience in public accounting preferred but not required. Salary commensurate with certification(s), education, and applicable experience. Candidates must be open to working additional hours, including Saturdays during tax season, January – April. All interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com (please reference “CPA Firm Positions” in the subject line) for immediate consideration.
- (Posted 10/25/2018) The IRS has posted the first wave of hiring for Revenue Officers. They will be hiring Tax Compliance Officers as well as Revenue Agents. Revenue Officers have various degrees offered from the College of Business (finance, accounting, economics, etc.). The first start date in the announcement is March 19, 2019. Students will have to graduate in December 2018 or before. Two more additional candidates will be chosen after the March hiring. Read more about Revenue Officer *12 Month Register* at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513802600
- (Posted 10/24/2018) Buquet Distributing has a Relief Sales Representative position available. High school diploma or GED certificate required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs. as well as hang merchandise and be able to fulfill other physical requirements including: Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs overhead), bending, pulling/pushing. Able to understand and read invoices, load sheets, job orders, installation instructions and calculate simple math functions. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Posted 9/27/18) Expert Technology in Larose, LA is looking for an experienced network technician. Click the link below to apply for the position: https://www.experttechnology.net/apply-online/
- (Open Posting) The Hyatt Regency New Orleans is hiring for many positions. Click Openings http://search.hyatt.jobs/JobSearchResults.aspx?hotelName=Hyatt%20Regency%20New%20Orleans&LangID=1 for more details about their upcoming job fair.
- (Open Posting) Primerica Financial Services, the largest financial firm on earth, is currently hiring highly motivated individuals with great people skills. Primerica is publicly traded on the NYSE, has been in operation for over 40 years, and is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Forbe’s Magazine chose Primerica as one of America’s 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies (2015). Furthermore, Primerica has more people that earn over $100K annually than any other company in North America. For more information, contact Stephen John Dufrene at 985-859-6458.
If you are interested in advertising a position, please contact the appropriate department head or the Dean’s office.