For freshmen students who signed up for a Colonel Card for online orientation:

  • Click here to activate your Colonel Card if you received it in the mail and didn’t already. Students who will be living on campus need to activate it for door access and to use their meal plan. Only mailed Colonel Cards need to be activated.
  • If you didn’t receive a Colonel Card in the mail, then your Colonel Card should be ready to pick-up at the Colonel Card office.
  • Freshmen moving into campus can pick up or get their Colonel Cards printed at the Rec Center during move-in days. We will also print replacement cards at the Rec Center.
  • Please bring your photo ID for verification just in case your submission wasn’t complete.

For everyone else:

  • Please sign up here for your first Colonel Card if you haven’t already before visiting the Colonel Card office. Also please bring a photo ID for verification. We will take your picture and print your card when you arrive.
  • If you have a Colonel Card from a previous semester, it should work and you don’t need a replacement. Even Colonel Cards with the previous design should work.
  • If your card is lost or damaged, please visit the Colonel Card office for a replacement.
  • Online degree and Fletcher students do not require a Colonel Card, but we can still print one for a $15 fee. Online degree students can apply here. Fletcher students can sign up here and visit the Colonel Card office.

The Student Union and Colonel Card Office are currently open to the public. Please note the following.

  • The Student Union is currently only accessible through the front entrance.
  • Current office hours are weekdays: 8am-11:30pm, 12:30pm-4:30pm
  • Please do not come if you have had COVID-19, any of its symptoms, or have come in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive in the last 14 days.
  • A protective face mask is required for all visitors.

Please email us at colonelcard@nicholls.edu or call us at 985-448-4498 if you have any questions.


Friends and Family

Click here to learn about guest accounts.

The Colonel Card is the official Nicholls State University identification card for students, faculty, staff and affiliates. It is also a meal card, a library card, an activities and events card, and a debit card. Colonel Cards remains active as long as a student is enrolled at NSU.


Colonel Card Funds

  • Colonel Cash can be added by cardholders or guests and rolls and over from one semester to the next. Several locations on campus and off campus locations accept Colonel Cash. Visit our Deposit Colonel Cash page to learn how to add Colonel Cash.
  • Colonel Cash is refundable upon graduation, official withdrawal, or when a cardholder severs their relationship with the university by using this refund form.
  • Munch Money is added when only with a residential meal plan, is non-refundable, and must be spent before the closing day of each semester.
  • Munch Plus is added with some commuter meal plan promotions and with cash or a credit/debit card at dining registers on campus.
  • Munch Money and Munch Plus payments are only accepted at on-campus dining locations.

Please take a minute to complete our survey!



Need to report a lost or stolen card?

Visit the Online Card Office or call the Colonel Card office: (985) 448-4498.