Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where can I use Munch Money?
Munch Money can be used at any on-campus dining location. In cannot be used at the Bookstore on-campus or any off-campus locations that accept Colonel Cash as payment.

Q: How does Munch Money work?
The Munch Money included with the purchase of the residential meal plan is put onto your Colonel Card with your meal plan. Each time you make a Munch Money purchase, the amount will be deducted.

Q: What happens if I don’t eat my allotted meals per week? Do those meals carry over? Do they ever expire?
For students with residential meal plans your plan is based on a number of swipes for the week. Please note that if you would like to use swipes for the weekend that you MUST purchase a 19 swipe meal plan. Those that purchase 15 and 10 meal plans may use their swipes from Sunday night dinner until Friday at lunch.  The number of meal swipes per week not used will not roll over to the next week.

A: For students with commuter meal plans you purchase a number of swipes for a semester. If there are swipes remaining at the end of the semester they will roll over one semester.

Q: What if I don’t use all my Munch Money by the end of the semester?
Munch Money that is not used by the end of the semester does not roll over, it will expire. We do reach out students several times near the end of the semester reminding them to use their remaining munch money. Munch Plus, which can be purchased through the dining website, does not expire at the end of the semester.

Q: How can I change my meal plan I already selected?
Student with residential meal plans may change their selection within the first 10 days of classes. They can do this by changing their selection in the housing portal, or the dining hall staff can assist in switching the meal plan. Munch money used by the previous plan will be deducted from the new amount attached to the new plan.  Please contact campusdining@nicholls.edu if you have any questions or visit our office in Vernon F. Galliano Cafeteria and ask for assistance.

Q: Do I have to buy a meal plan if I live in the Brady Apartments?
Yes, all students living in the residence halls and Brady Apartments must have a meal plan.  The meal plans are based on the student’s university classification.  Please see the options listed for Brady residents here.

Q: What is the Declining Balance Plan and who can get it?
Students living in Brady who have completed 60 credit hours or more have the option of choosing the Declining Meal Plan.  The Declining Meal Plan gives a resident a set amount of money, $475 per fall and spring semester, that can be used in any of the food service outlets on campus.

Galliano Dining Hall

Q: What is lite lunch?
Lite lunch is offered in the afternoon between the full-service lunch and dinner.  Lite Lunch consists of a soup and salad menu.

Q: Are guests welcome to eat on campus?
Yes. Students with meal plans may treat their guests or guests may pay cash.

Q: Is take out available at Galliano Dining Hall?
Yes. Notify the cashier when you enter the dining hall that you wish to take your food out, and the cashier will provide you with the proper take out containers and explain the take-out policy.

Q: Can I get seconds at Galliano Dining Hall?
Yes. Please note, however, that all food must be consumed in the dining hall unless you notify the cashier when you enter that you would like to take your food to-go.

Q: What if I have special dietary needs?
Nicholls Dining Services can accommodate your particular dietary requirements. Please contact us at 985.448.4513 and we will set up a meeting with our campus dietitian and head chef to see how we can meet your needs.

Q: What should I do on days when I’m sick?
Sick trays are available for students with a meal plan. To order a sick tray, call 985.448.4513.

Colonel Card

Q: What if I lose my Colonel Card?
A: Report the loss immediately either in person or by telephone to the Colonel Card office (985.448.4498) in the Bollinger Memorial Student Union to prevent unauthorized use of your card, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. During the evening and weekend, you may report your lost card to University Police (985.448.4746) so that it may be deactivated. You may also report a lost card 24 hours a day and seven days a week on the online card office. There is a $15 replacement fee for the first lost, stolen, or damaged card, from there it goes up to $20. The Colonel Card office and Nicholls State University are not responsible for any charges made on a lost or stolen account.

Q: Who can use my card?
For your protection, the only person authorized to use your card is you. For that reason, meal plan meals are non-transferable but you can use your declining balance to treat a friend when you dine.