Crossing Place Church is a non-profit organization in Morgan City, LA with the sole purpose of connecting individuals with the message of hope of the Gospel of Jesus. Unlike a business, we do not offer a give and take relationship based on trade. We love our community and are here for the people who call it home with no strings attached. We offer weekly services and midweek services as gatherings to help grow their faith. We offer a variety of small groups to the church and community that reach people based on their needs, schedule, and life season. Some groups are just to make friends and have fun. On the other extreme, some groups are to help those in recovery and life addiction situations. Then are groups for everyone in between – groups for parents, for couples, for students, for men, for women — all with the connecting factor of providing Hope. These weekly meetings do not even touch the other ways we are providing hope – through events like Night to Shine, the Date Night Marriage Conference, Nights of Worship, Back to School Bash for students – to even prayer meetings, our lives are mobilized to be given for someone and something greater than ourselves.
Interns will receive a unique experience of providing their skills while serving a rural area. Excellence isn’t just for big cities, and it takes intentionality to learn and speak the culture of a rural community. It takes creativity and ingenuity to give your best on a lesser budget. Though only serving a parish of 50,000 people, CPC is pushing to be forward thinking and excellent in every avenue in which we connect with those who live here and those joining online.
- Learning and operating the live stream system on Sunday mornings in the month, with opportunities for other times during the week
- Editing and submitting weekly recap videos from Sunday’s sermon
- Collaboration opportunities in staff meetings, with the Experience Pastor, etc.
- Video projects for social media, website, and Sunday services
- Opportunity for special projects within the intern’s interests
- Undergraduate student or graduate student in Mass Communications
- Skilled in videography and visual design
- Organizational time management and people skills
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Reliable transportation
- Internship will run May 2021 – July 2021
- Intern needs to be available in-person for training, during Sunday mornings from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, and for special events to record
- Internship is available as a mixture of both in-person for events and meetings and also times for virtual work from home (i.e. editing)
- Students do not have to share the same faith to apply
How to apply:Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a submission of clips of experience with video, editing and broadcast