Employers rate oral & written communication essential for career readiness.
(2014 National Association of Colleges and Employers survey)
Persuasion & collaboration abilities are two of the top soft skills desired by companies.
(2019 LinkedIn analysis)
- SPCH 101 – Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- 15 hours of Speech Electives
6 hours of any level & 9 hours of 300 level or higher
- Interpersonal Communication
- Theater Workshop
- Intercultural Communication
- Spoken Word Poetry
- Persuasive Communication
- Speaking Through Technology
- Social Movement Rhetoric