The Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association is currently seeking a Communications Intern to
assist the Manager of Public affairs with developing a wide range of communication materials on digital,
traditional, promotional and event media. This person should be responsible, dynamic, self-starter,
energetic, hardworking, and creative. While assisting with a wide range of projects, the intern will gain
hands-on experience and training in the communications field, while also gaining a good understanding
of the oil and gas industry and a trade association.
- Assist with updating and maintaining LMOGA’s website and social media presence.
- Assist with planning and managing social media content and scheduling updates.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing news releases, E-newsletters, and any other content for
internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the design of flyers, graphics, e-vites and other materials for events and marketing.
- Assist with creating presentations and reports, using PowerPoint.
- Assist with organizing and attend public affairs committee meetings, including preparing
agendas and taking minutes.
- Support LMOGA staff planning and executing events and assist with developing a run of show
and other materials or tasks associated with the events
- Utilize online media management database to update media contacts and compile reports.
- Assist with General administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent computer skills with strong understanding of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Campaign Monitor, Canva, Eventbrite preferred.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and members
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detailed-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and
- Interested applicants must be in the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree; higher
level applicants are welcome.
LMOGA Internships requires a commitment of 10-20 hours per week. Internships are generally
scheduled during LMOGA’s office hours between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Internships
are an excellent opportunity to expose qualified applicants to communications experience within a trade
association. The internship is intended for those who are serious about pursuing a path in
Compensation: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Veronica.Smith@LMOGA.com