Transcript Record Requests

  • Students may obtain an official copy of their academic record from the Office of Records and Registration upon written request. A written request may be in the form of a Transcript Request Form (available in the Office of Records and Registration or here), a letter, or a fax.
  • Students may also submit transcript requests through Banner Self Service. After logging into Banner Self Service, students may complete an official request by clicking on Student Tab, then Student Records, and then select Request Printed Transcript.

There is no charge for transcripts.

If sending a written request via letter or fax, you MUST include the following information:

  1. Complete current name (also, if different, your name while attending Nicholls State University)
  2. Social Security number (or student ID number, if different)
  3. Date of birth
  4. Daytime phone number or e-mail address where you can be reached
  5. Name and address of where (or fax number and name of person to whom) the transcript is to be sent
  6. Purpose of the request
  7. Your signature

Letter requests should be addressed to:

Nicholls State University
Office of Records and Registration
P.O. Box 2059
Thibodaux, LA 70310

Fax requests should be sent to (985) 449-7060.

Transcripts are usually issued up to four working days after requests are received.  End-of-semester transcripts may take longer.

Transcripts cannot be released if the student either is indebted to the university or has not yet submitted official transcripts from institutions previously attended.

Your academic record is part of your permanent education record and is therefore protected under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  As such, university staff will not release any protected information (e.g., grade information, class schedule) to a third party without your written consent (by letter, fax or Transcript Request Form).  For questions about the types of information not protected by FERPA, please consult the University Bulletin or contact the Office of Records and Registration.