Prior to any scheduled registration period, the student should meet with an assigned faculty adviser, major professor, or the Academic Advising Center to identify those courses the student wishes to or must take. Some colleges and majors require students to meet with an adviser.

University policy requires the student to obtain permission from his or her dean should the student wish to take a course overload.

It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the requirements of the curriculum in which he or she is enrolled and to register for course work applicable toward the degree concerned. Transfer students should secure personal copies of their official transcripts to present for advisement before and/or during registration; this will avoid unnecessary repetition of courses which may have been completed at another institution and will allow advising to be done more efficiently and effectively.

Complete information about registration policies and procedures can be found in the University Schedule of Classes published prior to the fall and spring semesters and the summer session.

A student will be permitted to attend class only after the instructor has received evidence of official registration from the Office of Records and Registration.

Students may officially drop a course for which they have registered by completing a drop form available in and submitted to the Office of Records and Registration. If the student is dropping below full-time (or is currently below full-time), the form must also be signed by the Financial Aid Office.

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.