Distance Learning vs. Nicholls Online
Nicholls State University provides two options for students wanting to take an online course. Any Nicholls student can take one of the many online courses offered through the traditional 15-week semester. These courses are listed on the links to the left of this page.
Nicholls Online courses are only for students who are registered to get a complete degree online with no face-to-face classes. These courses have their own unique fee structure and are taught in 8-week sessions. More information on Nicholls Online and the degrees available, click here.
*Nicholls online instructors have been Quality Matters certified.
If you are interested in getting a full degree online through accelerated 8-week semesters without ever having to come to campus, check out Nicholls Online. Click on the logo to find out more.
Schedule an Online Course
Distance learning serves…
- at Anytime…
- and Anywhere in the world!
Top Ten Reasons to Take Online Courses
- Learn anytime. Courses are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Gain technological experience and skills that will make you highly marketable.
- Save gas and money … and don’t worry about finding a parking space.
- Instructors are experts with experience in the fields they teach.
- Your learning style may be better suited to online courses than classroom instruction.
- Reach your instructors easily through e-mail and online discussions.
- Take care of personal responsibilities without having to miss class.
- Attend a course from anywhere.
- Become personally responsible for your learning.
- Participating online is much less intimidating than in the classroom.