The Nicholls State University Police Department conducts regular and program-specific assessment activities designed to produce data relative to the degree of effectiveness, usage, outcomes and efficiency of its services and programs.
Assessment activities are also conducted to identify needs, level of satisfaction and other factors which influence the retention of students. Current assessment methods utilized at the division level include:
- ACT Student Satisfaction Survey
- CAS (The Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education) Program Review
- Staff Evaluation Surveys
- Internal audit of University of Louisiana policies and procedures related to how campus law enforcement is conducted
- Annual crime report to the U.S. Department of Education
- Monthly Uniform Crime Report submitted to the F.B.I.
- Annual campus safety walk