CHEF JOHN FOLSE
AT NICHOLLS STATE UNIVERSITY
THIBODAUX – LOUISIANA
We know food. Blog Appetit!
Poboys are a staple in Louisiana. They can be filled with many different things, but perhaps the most common filling is roast beef! This is our version of your typical roast beef poboy made easy by using a crockpot.
Stuffed Mushrooms are just plain good. This is a simple and easy version that anyone can prepare all year long.
Bread pudding and Louisiana go hand in hand. Every restaurant has their own version, but one thing remains the same. Simplicity. Here we have fancied up a simple bread pudding that will make any Easter gathering taste delicious!
Seafood is in abundance around South Louisiana. Because of this many people use staples such as gulf shrimp in many different ways. Here is one idea of how shrimp can be transformed into a dish that your guests will love.
Most everyone has leftovers after any holiday meal. Unlike most, this recipe for Holiday Ham Sliders will leave you excited to eat your leftovers.
Chicken is so versatile that it can be used in almost any dish. So how do you make an already simple ingredient into an even simpler meal? A crockpot of course!
Exciting news from CJFCI
- Alumni Spotlight: Blaine Guillot, A.S. ’99
- Alumni Spotlight: Thomas Ridgley III, B.S. ’16
- Fall 2018 Opening of The Bakery at CJFCI by Nicholas Lafont
- Protected: 10 Reasons You Should Go To Culinary School by Lydia Coleman
- Alumni Spotlight: Minh Le, B.S. ’99
- Alumni Spotlight: Ryan Gaudet, B.S. ’05
- Alumni Spotlight: Molly Iles-Guillory, B.S. ’14